Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sneaky Peek: Kiwiana Cupcake Toppers...


Last night I made the first of a few cupcake toppers for Master J's Kiwiana party cupcakes.

These kiwifruit slices and Pohutukawa flowers were remarkably easy to make.  I like using fondant cupcake toppers because you can make them days, even weeks in advance.  Then on the day of the party all you have to do is pipe a little buttercream on top of the cupcakes and apply the toppers.  Quick and easy!


If anyone is interested in a quick tutorial for making these toppers, please let me know.  I'd love to show you how easy they are.

Well, back to my preparations!

------------------

Update:  Now the party's over, here are some pics of how these toppers worked out on the cupcakes.

------------------

28 June 2012:  I now have a tutorial online for how to make the Pohutukawa flowers.  See here for the link.

3 comments:

  1. A tutorial would be fantastic! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous, I've always been a bit scared/weary of fondant icing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails