Thursday, March 15, 2012

Congratulations Frau Muck, it's a...


Girl!!!!

One day old...

Introducing Moxie Rose, born at 8:29am on March 11, 2012, weighing 3.945 kilos (8lb, 11oz), 54cm long.


We had a really great birth (if there is such a thing!).  After labouring at home for nine hours my contractions suddenly got very close together and we headed for the hospital at around 5am.  I was so disappointed to hear that despite my very best efforts, (and taking into account this is my third baby) that I was only 1cm dialated!


So I had a walking epidural, on account of having already been up completely all night and having really strong, regular contractions.  Well, the epidural went in a bit late and only worked on one side, and not long after it went in, Moxie was born.  It was such a peaceful delivery, very gentle and calm.


I couldn't wait to get her home, but took full advantage of the Swiss maternity care system which gives you a five-day "Wochenbett", or hospital stay, where you are given all kinds of care including feeding help and consults, nighttime assistance, homeopathic medicines and teas, and, in my case, an amazing view of Lake Zurich :). Oh, and a professional photography studio onsite!*

 
With big brother and sister...

I am loving having her at home and look forward to being a family of five, challenges and all.  I am also really looking forward to all the creative projects that this little girl is going to inspire!

LM xx

* These professional photos were taken by Rikke Skaaning from Truevisual Photography.  For those of you in Zurich wanting a professional photographer for baby/pregnancy/family photos, check out her website: www.truevisual.ch.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rachel she is just gorgeous! glad the birth went ok, and if I was having another baby I'd be pretty keen on being in Switzerland for it-sounds like an amazing maternity care system!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Rach, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! The photos are gorgeous. I am so glad to hear her delivery was such a positive & calm time. I wish that I could come & give her a cuddle! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl! She is absolutely gorgeous. The little knitted hat and booties are so sweet too. Well done and enjoy this lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Congrats! All the best with the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Sounds like her birth went really well! Gorgeous knitted items. Enjoy these first days as a new family of 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Rachel, for sharing your experience. Moxie is beautiful and I love the pics of her with Starla and Jet. Love to you all, Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails