Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby thank-yous....


The very last thing I had to do in order to prepare for the arrival of our new baby (due in one week), was make some thank-you cards.


A few weeks ago I bought this linen/ crocheted heart from a gift store to hang on the door of the baby's room and it immediately gave me the idea for the cards.


I cut the circle out of some scrapbooking cardstock I had using my round scalloped punch.  The crocheted hearts were the medium size from this pattern I found on the internet, and after crocheting them I attached them and the buttons with hot glue.

It's a really simple design, but I am really pleased with them and it wasn't difficult to make six or more in one evening, once I got the hang of the heart pattern, that is.

And being that sitting is my preferred state at the moment (aren't these last few days of pregnancy so hard!), this was the perfect evening's activity for me.

Stay tuned for pictures of the nursery and for the announcement of the birth, which hopefully won't be too far away! In the meantime, here's the obligatory "bump" photo, taken last night at 39 weeks.


LM x

4 comments:

  1. they are beautiful, all the best with the birth- lots of people told me being late pregnant with 2 kids is harder than having 3 kids which I have to agree wtih so there's something to look forward to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! It's nice to see you back :) All the very best for the coming birth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards! All the best with the birth, can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, it's official...if I didn't know already from the fact that you whipped up a new cot blanket, lickety split, I know now from the fact that you MADE THANK-YOU CARDS BEFORE YOUR BABY CAME...you ARE one of those talents I squint at and also adore. Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails