Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Simple Christmas tree cupcakes, and a little party...

Today we had a Christmas party for the kids in our local English-speaking playgroup which I facilitate.

I made some cupcakes last night and decided to keep the decorating simple since it was my birthday and I really didn't want to spend all night in the kitchen!


I made some of my simple cupcakes, and buttercream, which I tinted green.    I piped on swirls of the buttercream using a large star tip.  This was a really easy way to create "Christmas trees" because you only needed one shade of icing.  All twenty cupcakes only took me about thirty minutes to decorate.


I cut out some yellow stars from some yellow fondant that I had left over from the Lightning McQueen cake for the top of the "trees".


Then a few sprinkles on top for the baubles and they were all done.



... and then they were all gone!



The kids had a great time - the food went down a treat, and we even managed a craft activity.  We made the "Reindeer food" that I saw on one of my favourite blogs, which was was a free printable from this blog.  The kids loved it, although the oats went everywhere!


What have you been baking and making for Christmas - I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails