Thursday, December 23, 2010

Simple Christmas floristry ideas..

 

I took a wander to my local supermarket this afternoon with the intention of buying some flowers for the Christmas table and to make gifts.  There is a limited range of flowers available at this time of year, but luckily some of my favourites are still available.

 Can you see me and the Christmas tree in the reflection?

The other day I was in my favourite florist when I saw this idea of putting an orchid in a Christmas bauble.  The baubles were sitting in small glass ramekins, but I've adapted it so that the bauble sits on its own.


After removing the top of the bauble (I used proper glass ones), I poured sand into the bauble until it was just over half full.  I then topped it up with water and then popped the orchid in.  I used Phalaenopsis orchids because they are always beautiful and I have many happy associations with them as they were my wedding flowers.

You could fill a large dish with an assortment of these flower-filled baubles for a centrepiece, or,


 Place a bauble on each plate on your Christmas table.


Then I had some gifts to make, so I decided to make some rose arrangements like the ones I made with Lamb's ear, back in August.  I used Camelia leaves and some crystal pins for details.


These are a quick way to make those small last-minute gifts and will likely be well-received, especially if the recipient has entertaining to do.

LM x

2 comments:

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails