Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mr. Muck's Birthday Card...


It's my husband's birthday today and since he's so hard to buy for I settled on making him a card.  I thought I'd share it with you as it is a really simple way to make a really special "keepable" greeting card or a piece of artwork for someone.


I took an image I found on the internet and traced the outline of it onto watercolour paper with pencil.

I then went over all the outlines with my pen, adding some cross-hatching shadows to the design, to give it some more depth.


Then I filled in the spaces with watercolours, and once they were dry, I went over some of the outlines again with the pen.

I have stuck it lightly to the black card since I might frame it at some stage.

Happy birthday Mr. Muck! x

Oh, and Master J enjoyed his "actual birthday" cake... Now to make the party cake!

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Kiwi Mummy Blogs and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading through and admiring your various projects. Definitely want to try the cinnamon flower arrangements next Christmas and I love your cakes/cupcakes. It must be hard at times being so far away from NZ, but your blog has a real kiwiana feel. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Your card is wonderful, just like the old vintage tattoos. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails