Friday, September 10, 2010

Strawberries to eat, strawberries to sit on...

Today I made a juicy little discovery.  I had successfully grown a strawberry!  What's more, it looked pretty perfect, unlike so many of my other attempts at growing edible things.


It's late in the season here and a fresh strawberry is a real treat.  So of course I gave Miss S the honors (because she is much cuter eating a strawberry than I).






She said it was delicious!

And for those of you southern hemispherers heading into spring (and those of us holding on to the last of the summer), here is a great little free project to keep some strawberry magic alive.

Photo borrowed from www.purlbee.com

It's from one of my favourite sewing/ knitting blogs www.purlbee.com.  Click on the picture to go through to the site.  I'm going to try and make a couple of these for Miss S for Christmas.  I think you'll agree that they are too cute for words.

LM x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails