Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Early Christmas Crafting...


I've managed to tick a few more Christmas projects off my list this week.


A couple of months ago I had this idea to make a present for Miss M - a hanging heart for her nursery door.  Unfortunately I knew at the time I wasn't going to have time to make it.  So I made some sketches in my visual diary for later.


This week, when I could steal a few moments, I transferred the design onto a linen heart, (it was already sewn as it was a previously abandoned project!), and began to stitch...


I used the same fabric and palette as my hoop art (from my previous post).  Together with that hoop art, that's Miss M's present done and dusted!


I've also been carving up a storm.  Rubber stamp carving is my newest hobby and I'm really enjoying it.  I got inspired by this lovely video tutorial from an artist called Geninne Zlatkis.  She also has a book out on the subject which I am willing Santa to stuff in my stocking this year!  These stamps are presents for friends, and also for my annual Mucky Macbook Christmas giveaway (watch this space!).

...brown paper packages, tied up with string...

... And because most of the gifts I have bought/ made need to wing their way to the other side of the world, I've started on the wrapping early, customising the paper and tags with the stamps I've made.  Such fun.

------------------

And on another note, if you're like me and you like to listen to Christmas music while you craft or bake, I can recommend this station to you - http://somafm.com/listen/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails