Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Kiwi As" Biscuit-pop Invites...



Still suffering from the guilt of throwing Master J the laziest "party" for his first birthday, I decided to be a little more pro-active this year.


I decided on a Kiwiana theme just before Christmas (but don't mistake my eagerness for actual organisation), for Master J's 2nd birthday in mid-April.


So here are the invites which I am delivering today.  I have seen cookie pops everywhere lately so I decided to make them into invites - a little "sweetener", if you will.   I used this recipe and it's a good one - delicious and easy to work with.


I made the paper part of the invitations using Word - kiwifruit on the front and the party details on the back.  It's my aim to learn to use Adobe Illustrator this year - particularly so that I can create some templates and freebies for my readers which is something I have always wanted to do, but for now Word does the trick.


I made the stick tag by printing out black squares with "Kiwi as", backing them with more kiwifruit, and then cutting them using a 2" circle cutter and small hole punch.

Now for the party planning - I have a load of lollies (candy) on their way from NZ - milkshakes, pineapple lumps, Jaffas etc, and can't wait to plan the party food!

Speaking of which, I am suddenly reminded of one of my favourite NZ ads, hope you enjoy it!



If you have any questions about cookie-pops etc, please leave them in the comments below and I'll be sure to get back to you.

LM xx

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The pops look fab, and they will def go down a treat with the invited guests!
    I would love to pop over and have a milkshake or too, (and now I am thinking also a Sante bar, perky nana, and a whittikers chocolate slab)! I think I will have to make an order from home soon. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta have some reduced cream dip with your chips! What a fantastic party theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa - I took some tips from your lovely site as I had never made Cookie-pops before - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome party invite and great theme. You'll have a lot of fun. Thanks for entering my giveaway - you're not too late. Fingers crossed! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails