Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Softie Family's Journey...



Here are my five softies for Christchurch, all packaged up, ready to embark on the long journey to New Zealand.


It's been a lot of fun making these, and I have learnt a few tricks on the way, as to be honest my sewing skills are fairly basic - cut it, sew it, turn it inside out and stuff it - that's about the extent of my repertoire.


I also apologise for the lack of posts lately. I have to admit that since around the time I got back from my holiday in New Zealand I just really haven't been motivated to do creative stuff - you might call it a slump. I'm really not too concerned though - I find these ups and downs all part of the process.


Not to mention my kids are going from one illness to the next - this week was a double bout of conjunctivitis.  Poor things.


So I'm off to the post office tomorrow morning to have that awkward conversation with one of the people there where I use my terrible German and they try and be polite. :)



I've got some organising to do for Master J's 2nd birthday party which will have a Kiwiana theme, so stay tuned for some posts about that.  

6 comments:

  1. they are just gorgeous, you have done a fab job with them. hope the kids are better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look amazing! You can be sure that there will be some very happy Children in Christchurch soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. I love the comment about your German. It's tough doing the communication in a second language!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blogged about your lovely softies here :)

    http://dollydonations.blogspot.com/2011/03/softie-doll-photos-for-christchurch-new.html

    hugs Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous!!! you are amazing. thanks for contributing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails