Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lazy Daisy Cupcakes...


This afternoon we celebrate a little friend's 2nd birthday.  The birthday girl loves Upsy Daisy, from the BBC childrens' show "In the Night Garden", so I made these daisy cupcakes to go along with her Upsy-daisy cake (pictures of that to follow).


The cupcakes are vanilla (recipe here), the icing is plain butter buttercream tinted grassy green, and the flowers are all made from gumpaste.  I used a daisy patchwork cutter (see here) to cut the large daisy, and small daisy cutter which I have had for years to do the small ones.  I left them to dry in flower forming cups - a recent, and very awesome purchase - so they were slightly curved.


I hope the birthday girl enjoys them as much as I did making them.

Update:  Here are the pics of the matching Upsy Daisy cake.

1 comment:

  1. These are SO adorable. I love your cakes, you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails