Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Master J's 20 minute poof...

Another item from the black and white nursery.  This was a lurid pink "poof" from Miss S's room that I relocated over to the baby's room, along with pretty much everything else from her baby days.  The challenge was to transform her nursery furniture from girly and pink to something appropriate for her little brother.

I had chosen to do his nursery in black and white for a few reasons - because I like the graphic effect of black and white together, and also because of some convincing research on the positive benefits of black and white on newborn's development.

So here it is...  It took me 20 minutes to complete and I'm really pleased with it.


I got a large piece of black jersey cotton and stretched it around the poof, securing it at the bottom with an upholstery staple gun.

I then drew a random star shape on top with a piece of tailor's chalk and embroidered it in a running stitch with all 6 strands of DMC white embroidery floss, leaving the little "tails" showing.


Close up of the embroidery - black is great but it does show all the fluff!

A nice little addition to his nursery, a great place for my feet during those night-feeds, and all made from materials I already had lying around. V pleased.

And now that I bought it upstairs to photograph, Master J, who is about to walk any day now is pushing it all around the lounge

3 comments:

  1. Who said looking good wasn't easy! give me style and fun anyday, better than boring and dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to report that 2 days after posting this, Master J took his first steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the little choo choo puffer stamps

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails