Monday, June 21, 2010

The Cake!!!



So it's a bit of a dark nighttime pic, but you get the idea.  The big party is tomorrow and now that the cake is finished I can breathe a sigh of relief - everything else is pretty much sorted.  I really hope the icing holds up overnight as I can't fit this baby in the fridge!


I ordered a Hello Kitty tin from a online shop over twelve days ago and it still hasn't turned up, so I took the bold step of doing what my mum did for every birthday cake my siblings and I had - constructing it out of made-from-scratch layer cakes.  I took some photos of the various stages of making the cake and I will do a post with some step-by-step pics sometime in the next week!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fab cake! My daughter who is 4 loves Hello Kitty, and now after seeing this cake, she would it for her birthday. Thanks for the instructions! I found you via KMB, I an Ex pat NZ living in the UK, I blog at www.hazelandbluehandmade.blogspot (mostly abit of everything!) pleased you had a great time back in NZ.
    Becky:))

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails