Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Dinosaur Adventure Party...

We're gonna party like it's BC9999999...

Last week my son, Master J, turned 3.  Unfortunately the day before his birthday he sprained his ankle badly at daycare and is still, a week later, unable to walk.

...with his green dinosaur ankle bandage...

I have to say having a non-mobile 3 year old as well as a newborn baby has thrown up more than a few challenges in the last few days, but nothing gets in the way of a good party in this household, so the planned "Dinosaur Adventure" birthday celebration rolled-out as planned.


I had to simplify a lot of things - the only decorations were balloons, some plastic dinosaurs I borrowed from my neighbour and I drew some dinosaur footprints on the table (which is permanently covered with chalkcloth).  I also simplified the food, serving less options than at previous parties, and only making a small amount of it at home.

However, I just couldn't quite bring myself to scrimp on the cake (here is my previous post on the cake).


Before the party I dressed Master J in his dino costume and got some photos because I know my son, and I know that when he is surrounded by people singing happy birthday he gets really overwhelmed and tends to look a bit miserable.  Evidenced in the following picture...


I know him so well!  Once the cake was cut and a suitable amount consumed, his usual demeanor re-appeared.


Happy birthday to my sweet little boy!

3 comments:

  1. wow what an ace party-that cake looks fantastic i bet he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to hear you are coming to Sydney next year! And thank you for your kind comments on my recent creations. I hope you and your family are all well... how is life with three? I look forward to your next update!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails