Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hello, Kitty, we meet again...

Must say, still struggling a little with Miss S's choice of theme for her up-and-coming 4th birthday party.  You see, I'm all about my daughter's birthday parties and love to get really creative, hand-making everything from invitations to take-home bags.  It's like planning a really tiny pink wedding. :)

Last year, before Miss S started to have very clear ideas of her own, I came up with what I thought was a genius theme.  "Things with Wings".  Her guests were 50/50 boys and girls so I had to come up with a theme that lent itself to dressing up, could be girly, but could also be a bit boyish too.  And it was a great party (I'll do a little blog post on it I think, even though it is well past the fact).

This year, she wants a "Hello Kitty Party" which lends itself not to the handmade, but to the purchase of much pre-printed, expensive pink tat.  Oh, I tried talking her out of it before Mr Muck pointed out that I should get over myself and let her have what she wants ("it is her birthday party after all").  Hmmmmm.

So as a symbolic gesture of my eventual acceptance of the kitty, we went down to our local supermarket and I purchased some paper plates, serviettes and other bits and bobs for the layers in her pass-the-parcel.  All this came with the warning she was NOT to change her mind again.

So here we are three or so weeks later and I must admit I am starting to warm to that little kitty.  I sent out pre-printed invitations (gasp!), which took me about 30 minutes to finish.  I can already see some benefits to doing things this way.

The Party is in three weeks and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm sure I'll find ways to flex my creative muscle, but I realise that making her happy will be the best part.  After all, this is the only little kitty she'll ever have (I'm allergic to those real ones).

Party blog post with pics to come!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy master J next few parties until he has his own ideas too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thanks so much for your comments - I really appreciate them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails